Growth Or Momentum Or Something!

 

Two thirds of the way through a task I saw my kid was starting to struggle so I asked "Do you want to stop here?" and she said, "I am determined to continue!"
  
This is an excellent sign for multiple reasons. It means her general background stress level has gotten low enough that she has the capacity to handle brief new stress as a challenge instead of as one more difficult thing to handle when she's already barely hanging on.
   
It means the homeschooling stuff I've set up is engaging to this particular student.
   
And it means she trusts me to let her take breaks when she needs them so she doesn't need to take a break every time she's allowed in case the next stretch of academic-ish stuff is long.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Science!

Doing The Easy Parts Fast Impairs Communication

Facts Versus Skills: Asynchronous Development